Helping Women Bloom in Their
Financial Assistance Outline and Registration
The intention of the Financial Assistance Policy is to acknowledge a woman’s request, assist her in making this request, and honor her financial need whenever possible.
A woman who chooses to attend a local Woman Within Weekend and cannot afford the full tuition may request financial assistance from Circles of Women South Central. The board of directors grants $200 scholarships to qualified candidates. Due to a large number of requests for financial assistance, a process has been implemented to serve the best interests of all candidates. Please understand that we will do our best to honor your request. While we wish we could honor every woman’s request for assistance, it is not possible at this time. The process to apply for financial assistance is outlined below:
- From the list of upcoming Weekends, choose the Weekend you would like to attend and click the “Register Now” button. You will be directed to our Eventzilla page where you purchase a $150 deposit ticket for that Woman Within Weekend. If financial assistance is unavailable, your deposit will be refunded upon request.
- Send a letter to Circles of Women South Central stating your need for financial assistance to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. This letter should include general information about yourself and your financial situation. All applications will be handled with confidentiality and will be destroyed after the process is complete. We ask that your letter include information about each of the following topics:
- PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES – divorce, relapse, death in family, etc.
- FINANCIAL HARDSHIPS – single mother, full-time student, unemployed, etc.
- EMOTIONAL/BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS – occurring in life right now
- WILLINGNESS – in what areas are you open to change and growth
- We also request that you ask someone to write a letter on your behalf supporting your request for financial assistance. This letter may come from a member of Woman Within, The ManKind Project, a minister, therapist, friend or relative. Please email this letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadlines for all applications, deposit and letters of support will be 30 days before the weekend you wish to attend. If you miss the posted deadline, your application will be considered for the following Weekend.
- TIMELINE and EXPECTATIONS – For more efficient processing, please submit your registration, letter of request and deposit online or by US Mail. We do not consider your application to be complete until we have received all of these items. We request that you take responsibility to make sure your registration, deposit, letter of request for financial assistance, and letter of support reaches us by the deadline date. Our Scholarship Committee will meet and review all applications within two weeks of the posted deadline. You will be contacted by a member of our committee to discuss the status of your application and have all of your options explained to you, and they will assist you with any next steps.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the application process or the status of your application at the following:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
CIRCLES OF WOMEN SOUTH CENTRAL
P.O. BOX 42358
HOUSTON, TX 77242-2358